- Above, the Empire State Building made out of fifteen pounds of sugarcubes.
- In an odd move, books from Artisan Books (including Happy in the Kitchen and Frank Stitt’s Southern Table) are listed today on sample-sale site Gilt Groupe, at discounts only a few dollars less than their Amazon prices. As of this writing, Eric Ripert’s A Return to Cooking is sold out.
- The Big Money: According to a lawsuit, inmates at the Danville Correctional Center in Illinois are being fed dangerously large amounts of soy.
- The Awl: Cooking the Books, with Emily Gould: Obsolete Methods of Making Cookies and Popcorn, with Anna Jane Grossman.
- Global Post listicle of the top ten coffee drinking countries.
- Rob McElhenney, who plays Mac on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, is to open a bar in Philadelphia. [via Eater]
- Curbed spent 48 hours at the CityCenter in Vegas.
via | eatmedaily.com